For the CBSE Board Exams in 2024, students will be permitted to bring a clear pouch containing goods such as fruits, chocolates, and medications.
Chocolates, fruits, and snacks may be brought to the exam site by students with Type 1 Diabetes, according to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). The board has scheduled the 2024 examinations for Classes 10, 12, starting on February 15. The CBSE Board Examinations for Classes 10 and 12 will end on March 13 and April 2, respectively.
Nonetheless, the CBSE notice from February 8 stated that the pupils will be permitted to carry the gadgets in a clear pouch.
CBSE board exam: Items that students with diabetes can bring
Candies, chocolate, and sugar tablets
– Fruits, such as orange, banana, and apple
– High-protein snacks such as sandwiches and any kind of diet
– Medication must be taken as directed by a doctor.
A 500 ml water bottle
– A glucose meter and test strips
Insulin pumps, flash glucose monitors (FGM), and/or continuous glucose monitoring (CGM) devices
Additionally, some standard operating procedures for the kids carrying the objects have been provided by the board. These are the following:
– When registering or submitting their LOC, students will disclose that they have Type-1 Diabetes.
– In order to use the facilities during the board exams, students must upload certain documents onto the portal. These documents include the medical specialist’s recommendations for CGM, FGM, or insulin pumps, as well as the parental guarantee that the students will receive the pumps and that they will not use them as a communication device that could jeopardize exam safety.
– The school, student, or parent must apply in accordance with the timetable provided by the CBSE in order to utilize these amenities. After the schedule concludes, no requests will be considered.
– The school or the student will notify the center superintendent about the items the students need to bring with them to the examination center at least one day prior to the start of the test.
– The student must arrive at the school no later than 9:45 a.m. on the day of the exam, or at least 45 minutes early.
All requests and applications must be submitted through the school and include the required paperwork. There will be no direct requests from students to CBSE that are accepted.
– The assistant superintendent (invigilator) will keep the remaining materials in a clear box or pouch, with the exception of any equipment that is attached to the body. Students may take these items as needed.