Pros and cons of Boarding School
Every parent goes through the dilemma of understanding the pros and cons involved in sending their children to a proper boarding school. Most people just Google the school and go through its prospectus and be done with it. But that is not where the journey ends. You need to weigh down the pros and cons of each situation. The first step will be to go through the mindset of your child. Understanding, your child comes first. As a parent, you need to make sure that your child is ready to live in a boarding school away from you.
Many times it has been noticed and according to various studies and researches, it has been revealed that boarding schools for children who are forced into it have given a negative outcome. Therefore, talk to your children, tell them all about the pros and cons of attending the boarding school, and how it will benefit them in the long run.
In this piece, we will be highlighting some of the best pros and worst cons involved in sending your child to a boarding school. It is not only about the children, but also about the parents. Sending your child to a boarding school far from you also takes a toll on many parents. So, let’s begin with some of the pros.
Pros of sending your child to a boarding school
1. New and Unique – Since the kids live on the grounds, they can connect for help with their examinations at any random time. Boarding schools in India can help set after-school prep for understudies who battle with specific ideas. Concentrating with peers implies that the understudies will consistently have somebody to gain knowledge from.
2. Independence – Practically all boarding schools experiencing younger students find that they are more autonomous and independent than their different friends. They need to take care of everyday issues themselves, such as sorting out for toiletries when they run out or ensuring that their school uniform is washed and pressed. Learning to make their bed, taking care of things by themselves, and a lot more.
3. Standard of Living – All the children will live in similar quarters and a few schools even stipulate that a kid must get just a specific sum as a stipend. This puts all the understudies on an equivalent balance and strips away the pointless preliminaries of status and proprietorship.
4. Building up the confidence – As the youths get things done, little and huge, all alone, they will fire developing more trust in their capacities. Boarding schools open youngsters to numerous exercises like social help, craftsmanship, dramatization, and carpentry among others. As they find what they like and are acceptable at, youngsters will grow with more certainty and confidence.
5. Gaining Social Confidence – As your kids’ blend, study, and live with many other youngsters, they will before long figure out how to rise above contrasts. Making and being a part of a gathering is at the center of living in a boarding school, and most students of these schools develop as solid social beings.
6. Inculcating Discipline – Boarding school students carry on with a more controlled life than their friends. Eating times are set as is study time. On the off chance that they are permitted to watch the TV, it is likewise firmly controlled. Learning discipline is significant for youngsters as it will assist them with accomplishing their objectives.
7. Overall Holistic Growth – After school, understudies of boarding schools are presented to a huge number of exercises that will guarantee that they have adjusted instruction that incorporates expressions of the human experience. Since it is school policies, there can be no issue of a leisure activity coming in the method for studies and youngsters can seek their passion.
Cons of sending your child to a boarding school
The cons that we will be listing has been taken in a general view, which is true for any boarding school that you choose for your children. Some of the most commons cons are listed below.
1. Homesickness – In the initial days of your child going to the boarding school. Even though there are many children like him/her present, your child is still going to feel homesick for a few days.
2. Adjusting – This is a major con that needs to be addressed by every parent out there. Some children find it difficult to adjust to the full disciplined life of a boarding school. It will take the time, and if they do adjust to it when back home, they will find it difficult to adjust to the home way of living life.
3. Difficulty in blending – A school is full of different children belonging to different cultures and conditions. A child may find it difficult to blend with so many children and may not be able to make friends immediately.
4. Gender Separation Issues – All boarding schools are gender-specific, like boys’ school or girls’ school. But looking at the current situation of our country, a co-ed education for your children is a must.
5. Academics – In regular day schools, when a child is exposed to too much academic pressure, they can choose to leave school and join another. But the pressure in boarding school cannot be avoided. The child must learn to deal with it and go through constant academic pressure.
6. Separation – Sending your child away to a boarding school, also means separating from them for a long time, and that takes an emotional toll on the parents as well.
We have listed almost every pros and cons that we could research about sending your child to a boarding school. As a parent, the best way to deal with separation will be to engage yourself in other activities like household chores or office work. But for a child that is excellent in socializing, a boarding school will be the right place for him/her to develop and grow into a successful and confident individual.